Pay After Delivery (COD) is a payment option that allows you to pay for your AliExpress orders when they are delivered to you.
This can be a convenient option if you don’t have a credit card or if you prefer not to pay for your orders upfront.
This guide will cover all you need to know about how to Pay After Delivery on AliExpress.
Also check out: How to Delete an AliExpress Account?
How to Pay After Delivery on AliExpress?
First check if your order is eligible for Pay After Delivery as not all AliExpress orders are eligible for this service. To see if your order is eligible, check the payment options on the checkout page.
If your product is eligible, select Pay After Delivery as your payment method and then complete the checkout process.
Now provide your shipping address and contact information, as this is where your order will be delivered and you will be contacted for payment.
Wait for your order to arrive. It will take some time for your order to be shipped and delivered to you.
Once your order is ready to be shipped, you will receive a notification from AliExpress with a link that you will have to click on and confirm delivery. You will have a 48 hour window to acknowledge the delivery otherwise the order will be canceled.
Finally, pay for your order when it is delivered. Your card will be charged once you have confirmed that you’ve received the order and not before.
Which Countries Support AliExpress Pay After Delivery?
Here is a list of countries that support AliExpress Pay After Delivery (COD) as of 2023:
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- United States
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- Hong Kong
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
Also check out: Why Did My AliExpress Order Get Cancelled
How to Use Pay After Delivery on AliExpress with Splitit?
An alternative to using the Pay After Delivery service is Splitit’s version of the same which is accessible to all AliExpress customers.
Following a successful introduction in Europe and Australia, Splitit has now brought the ‘Pay After Delivery’ or ‘Pay in Installments’ feature to AliExpress users in the US.
Here’s how you can make the most of this convenient payment method with Splitit:
- Begin by exploring AliExpress and selecting the products you want to buy. The ‘Pay in Installments’ option will be accessible during the checkout process.
- When you’re ready to finalize your purchase, proceed to the checkout. During the payment options, choose Pay in Installments as your preferred method.
- With Splitit, you have the flexibility to pay for your AliExpress order over 3 or 6 months. This installment solution aims to enhance your shopping experience by spreading payments over time.
- After selecting this payment method, follow the on-screen instructions to sign up and complete your order.
Take advantage of Splitit’s ‘Pay in Installments’ service, providing a contemporary and customer-friendly approach to online shopping.
What’s more, you don’t need any special Splitit account to enable their services. Since they’re tied with AliPay, any AliExpress account holder will be able to use Splitit’s Pay After Delivery service.
How to Get a Refund or Return for Pay After Delivery Orders?
If you need to return an item that you purchased using Pay After Delivery, you can do so within 15 days of receiving it. The process is the same as for any other AliExpress order:
- Open a dispute: Go to your order details page and click on “Open Dispute.”
- Select the reason for your return: Choose the reason why you want to return the item, such as “Item not as described” or “Product damaged.”
- Provide evidence: Upload photos or videos of the item to support your claim.
- Negotiate with the seller: You may be able to negotiate a partial refund or a full refund with the seller.
- Return the item: If the seller agrees to a refund, you will need to return the item to them. The seller will provide you with a return shipping label.
The only difference here is that if you’re requesting for a refund on a Pay After Delivery order then you will need to first pay for the order when the delivery personnel arrives and then open a dispute on AliExpress and follow the instructions above.
Once the seller receives the returned item, they will process your refund.
In conclusion, AliExpress’ Pay After Delivery (COD) option provides a convenient payment method for customers who prefer not to pay upfront or do not have a credit card.
The process involves checking eligibility, selecting the payment method during checkout, confirming delivery upon arrival, and paying once the order is received. The service is available in a wide range of countries across the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
For those looking for an alternative, Splitit offers a similar ‘Pay in Installments’ feature, allowing customers to spread payments over 3 or 6 months. This service, accessible to AliExpress users in the US, enhances the shopping experience by providing flexibility in payment options.
Also check out
- Why is My AliExpress Order Frozen and How Do I Unfreeze it?
- What is AliExpress Combined Delivery and How Does It Work?
- How to Delete an AliExpress Account in 2023?